I wonder why it is that I don't post more often? It's not that I have nothing to post about, I do. I guess it's just that I wonder who cares anyway? Who even reads this anymore? (um... I guess nobody since I don't post? haha) Okay, so who would read this if I post should be the question. It seems every time I post I end up playing catch up. Let's catch you all up on my life for the past oh... 6 months? I don't even know how long it's been.

Let's begin with the children. Since they take up oh, 90% of my time and energy, that's a good place to start. Grace is 2 1/2. More accurately, she is 32 months old. And she is not a baby anymore. Oh sure, she still wants her cuddles every now and then, she still wants me to sing to her at bedtime, and yes, she is still in diapers. (more on that issue later...maybe) But she is for the most part, a beautiful, independent little girl who is simply blossoming before my eyes. I am blessed every day to see her grow and change and learn new things. She now wants to sit and read her own books (which she has always loved to do, but would eagerly bring me piles of books to read to her, as well). She can play for hours (it seems) by herself, playing dress up, singing, telling her dolls stories, coloring or whatever else she feels like doing. At least I know she still needs me. It's evident in the fact that she still comes to "check in" with me every once in a while, showing me what she's doing, asking for a hug, or to sit in my lap for a moment. Sometimes she wants to "help" me with whatever chore I happen to be doing. She loves to help me cook or bake (especially when we use chocolate chips which she calls raisins!) She can talk my ear off, and tells amazing stories. (um...sometimes they are about poop. Where did that come from? No idea. I thought only little boys thought it was funny to talk about poop!) She calls herself a princess (or more recently a queen!!!) and she is certainly a daddy's girl. She loves to go on dates with daddy! (Could be the icecream, but really I know she just craves time with him.) She also loves to pray, both at meal times and at bedtime. She likes to thank God for everything and everyone she knows and loves. One of those people that she loves is her brother Sam, and let me just tell you. Watching her with Sam just melts me into a puddle. You could mop me off the floor when she tries to comfort and love on him. She gets this little maternal look on her face, leans into him, talking in this high voice, "Oh my sweetie! Come here sweetie! It's okay sweetie..." It's so stinking adorable.

And speaking of adorable...

Sam. That boy is 10 months old next week! Where did the time go? He's recently learned to sit himself up from laying on the floor, and just today started to get up on his hands and knees. About a month ago he started to pull himself along in an army type crawl, when for a couple months previous he had just been rolling wherever he wanted to get (boy was he fast... he'd get anywhere he wanted to go!) This morning he got his knees up under him and started rocking back and forth! He's been waving for a couple of months (at least), playing peek-a-boo for a couple of months, and a couple months ago he was saying mama and dada. He hasn't said it as much recently, though. Sam is nursing like a champ, and eating 3 meals a day. Unfortunately, he seems to have the same gag reflex issues that Grace does, and anytime he has food that is not pureed he gags, chokes, and throws up his whole meal. So for now he gets only pureed foods and those little puffs that melt when he puts them in his mouth. Even those though are a step in the right direction for him, and he's only had them very recently. I'd say most of his nutrition still comes from good old breast milk! :) Now if he's just sleep through the night... haha. He is a very happy, content baby, and I constantly have people asking me if he's "always this good?" Yes. Really he is. Am I jinxing myself? I hope not! The kids is just one happy boy, and if he's fussing I know something is wrong. And usually when I thinking he's fussing other people look at me crazy. "That's fussing?! He seems okay to me!" They don't understand that for him to whine at all is fussing!

And I have to say that it is a darn good thing that he is SO easy. Because my job? Not so much. My job is to watch 2 little boys here at my house 3 1/2 days a week. It equals about 30 hours a week, but most weeks I feel like I've worked twice that. I won't go into much detail, just enough to say that I watch a 4 1/2 year old and a 2 year old, and they are both tough kids. The 4 year old has issues I can handle, but the 2 year old has issues that I'm not sure I can some days. If we didn't NEED me to be doing this financially, I would quit tomorrow. But we need it, so I do it.

In actuality, Chris and I could both use a change job-wise. Chris just finished his first year of seminary. It's been tough on us, and honestly something will have to change before the fall semester. We are praying every day for a new job for him. He's looking at going back to the school he used to work at, or going into a ministry position. Last fall when he accepted his current position, he felt that it would be a good move financially and be something he did while he went to Seminary. We've found that not to be the case in either category. So he's looking. Please pray that God shows us where to go from here.

This weekend we are looking forward to a nice break from the norm as we head to a friends lake house for a reunion with some of Chris's college friends. I am SO excited to see everyone. Unfortunately, it seems that this weird weather is going to follow us through the weekend, so we may be confined to the indoors most of the weekend. Kind of disappointing since we'll be on a lake, in the woods, in a beautiful location. Oh well. It's the fellowship I'm looking forward to. Chris had some amazing friends in college, and I'm so glad that we've kept in touch with them and they've become my friends as well.

How's that for a post?

Comments

Aimee said…
I read your blog! That is, I check every once in a while to see if you've posted. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Not Me! Monday!